Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sugar Sugar (free)

I always love baking, especially on a rainy, cold or damp day. To me, that screams tea, netflix, a good book and time puttering in the kitchen.

For the second year in a row, we had a winter that didn't want to end.
We would be teased with great weather, then the parkas would come back out.

I have done a lot of baking lately.


Even I get tired eventually of globs of sugary goo, and crave something better for me.

I decided to try my hand at sugar free baking.

Yes, that's right. Sugar free.

1 c oatmeal
1 banana mashed 
1 c almond milk (unsweetened)
1/2 c dried fruit (I used cranberries)
1/4 c flax seeds mixed with water (let sit for at least 5 minutes)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients together. Bake for 15 minutes. 

Try to eat just one.

No comments: