Sunday, June 01, 2014

Bath Water

We have really, really hard water at my house. As time has gone on, it’s getting harder and harder to keep our shower clean without lime scale buildup. I have tried everything from a battery powered shower scrubby to harsh chemicals that caused a wicked asthma attack to another product that almost made me pass out. Nothing seemed to work, other than a chisel.

I was desperate.

I already use vinegar, water and essential oils to clean my kitchen, so I decided to try it for the bathroom.

It worked, sort of.

I actually have a multiple step process to make sure things work really well. The shower is pretty grody. There is yucky dirt and stuff stuck in the non-stick surface, so it needs to get cleaned and sparkling. The walls have soap scum buildup. Its gross.

I started from scratch. I used Zum sink & surface scrub (all natural, available in bulk-right up my alley) to get the gunk out. It took a lot of elbow grease, but the surround was sparkling.

Now, it was a matter to maintain it.

First, I made up a batch of my super cleaning potion.  Its vinegar, water and essential oils. I use tea tree and frankincense due to their antibacterial properties.  I keep it in a spray bottle in the bathroom. I also poured some in a dish wand (with a sponge on the end) and put that in the shower. I also have a squeegee for the shower. After I’m done scrub, scrub scrubbing me, I do the same on the surround. I rinse it off and then squeegee. It keeps the soap scum from building up and keeps it clean. To make sure of it, I spray it with my magic shower stuff (hint: its super cleaning potion)

It sparkles. It shines. Its cleaner than clean.

No comments: