Monday, June 02, 2014

First time I ever saw your face

I had been using the same face cream for years. Literally since my late 20’s, and never had any problems. Earlier this year, I bought a replenishment a few weeks before my son’s communion and they changed the formula.

Did you hear me?

THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA.

Jerks.

I broke out from the new and improved.

I had to give it up. I was without moisturizer for the last few months. My skin got flaky and dry. I suffered through the winter without a soft, silky face. I survived, barely.

I was at a loss.

Since I have been reducing the amount of chemicals I bring into my home, I decided I wanted to try something natural. Unfortunately, I have sensitive skin and a tight budget when it comes to beauty items. I wasn’t going to spend a small fortune on all natural, organic moisturizer. This encouraged me to try making it.

I bought some Shea butter (my local health market sells it in bulk) and I always have coconut oil in the house.  I added arrowroot powder to absorb the oil in my t-zone. I mixed it up and put it in a jar I was reusing.

Voila. Moisturizer. My skin feels great. It looks great.

 

2/3 c Shea butter

2 tbsp coconut oil

Dash arrowroot powder

 

Mix together. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: