Monday, June 30, 2014

Forbidden Fruit

My son loves the little “fruit” snacks that come in the package. They are little delicious balls of sugar-and believe me, I know when he’s had a bunch. You know you can’t just eat one package.  Some days, he could eat the entire box in one sitting.

As he’s growing up and getting older, I am trying to steer him towards healthier choices. I make little swaps here and there. One thing that I have been doing is replacing his sugar laden fruit snacks with healthier choices. I buy the Annie’s Organic, which he loves, but they are quite expensive. I decided to try and make my own.

It’s actually really easy-plain gelatin and fruit juice.

Boil the fruit juice, stir in gelatin.

Pour into a mold, let set, chill.

Fruit snacks.

That’s it. Super simple, better for you.

No comments: