Monday, June 16, 2014

Rock Your Body

I have somewhat dry skin. In the winter, it gets all flaky and even cracks. I have tried probably every commercially available body wash, but nothing seems to work without drying out my skin. I have avoided products that were tested on animals as a general rule for years, but it seemed that there are a lot of murky areas with some products. I like when things are clearly labeled, and I couldn’t find a body wash that met that requirement at my local drugstore. As I start to be more chemical free in my life, I decided to try making my own body wash. I love Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap, especially the almond scented one. In fact, it’s now my go-to product around my house and I use it for EVERYTHING. If it cleans my toilet to a super sparkly finish, why wouldn’t it do that to my body?

 

I buy it in bulk at Pomegranate (its our local equivalent to Whole Foods or Trader Joes).

 

Basically, I put it in a squirt bottle and spritz it on a washcloth and scrub, scrub, scrub away. My skin looks and feels great, I am squeaky clean and smell yummy too.

No comments: