Thursday, June 05, 2014

Show Me Your Teeth

As I head into more crunchy territory, I had read about homemade toothpaste. There are conflicting reports on whether or not fluoride is good or bad for you, but it seems as if the general crunchy consensus is its bad. I decided to give homemade toothpaste a whirl, and I am incredibly impressed at how well it works. My mouth feels clean all day, with less icky mouth feeling. Added bonus? My teeth are getting whiter, despite my love of coffee and tea. It also costs pennies to make-which appeals to my frugal side, using pretty common household items.

 

I tried a couple and added my variations to it and this is what I am using:

3 tbsp Baking soda

Dash Cream of tartar

Scant tsp Sea salt

1 tsp peppermint extract

1 tsp Coconut oil

 

Mix together baking soda, salt, cream of tartar. Blend in coconut oil and peppermint extract. Store in an air tight container.


No comments: