Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Brighter than the Sun

It has been a very cool summer on the northern plains. Temperatures are struggling to reach the 80's this week. Instead of applying liberal amounts of sunscreen and drinking piña coladas, I'm digging out sweaters, stockings and closed toe shoes. In July. This is profane! I need a summer pick me up.
Stat.
This is my go to, wishing I was on a tropical island outfit.
For a gal who loves wearing black, brown, gray & navy...this is huge. I'm wearing colors. I don't always feel comfortable wearing loud, bright colors. I don't mean to be quarrelsome, but some plus sized stores insist that us curvy girls love bright prints and loud colors. You know who you are. I'm not a fan of that styling. But for some reason, I fell in love with this shirt. And I had the skirt in my closet. 
Can you tell I'm dreaming of lying on a tropical beach? 

Piña coladas
1/2 c coconut water with pineapple
1 banana
1/2 c pineapple (if canned, drain)
1 c almond milk
1 c ice

Throw in a blender. Turn into a smoothie. Pretend you're on an island beach.

No comments: