Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Miss Independent

 

I made a tulle skirt for March for Babies a few years ago, and that started an obsession for me. I now need them (no really NEED) for the 5k’s I participate in. I run, very slowly, and am not going to break any records. I go out there and have fun. Hence, the skirt, which adds to the fun for me.

There is a free 5k every year on the 4th of July in downtown Sioux Falls, which kicks off the festivities. I had to make a patriotic skirt for this one, since I now have a growing collection (purple & white for march for babies, pink & white for the race against breast cancer & the race for the cure, plain white for the color run & color vibe, glow in the dark for the electric glow run…you get the picture).

I wear the skirt over my running pants, and depending on the weather and race course, compression socks.

For a patriotic contribution to my collection, I needed:

 

1 spool white glitter tulle



1 spool red tulle


1 spool blue tulle

Thin ribbon to go around my waist and tie


You can rock one of these even if you're not a toddler 

 

Measure waist.  Add 6 inches to tie it. Mark off the tie areas. (I use a paper clip)

Cut ribbon.

Measure the length you want the skirt to be. I like mine right about the knees. Add 2 inches for the knot

Cut tulle strips. I use the whole roll for each. The more tulle strips, the fuller the skirt.

Knot tulle strips to the ribbon.

Wear your skirt and run your race

No comments: