Friday, August 22, 2014

Walk on the Wild Side

Sometimes I need to hit the reset button. The stress overwhelms me, I'm snapping at everyone and I'm just not happy.

Ever since I lived in Salt Lake City as a teen, I have loved spending time in nature. Hiking in the mountains, writing bad poetry in memory grove, skiing down a powdery slope all recharged my soul. 

I was so excited to take my family there a few summers ago. I really wanted to share my favorite places. 
I have so many great memories of going to antelope island and the canyons around Salt Lake City.
Hiking is a passion of mine.
I'm sharing that with my son, too.
Luckily for us, we have some great areas in South Dakota to go to, and I don't have to go to Utah (although I would in a heartbeat)
The black hills have some great opportunities
As do the badlands. I'm very blessed to live in an area where there are a lot of outdoor opportunities.
I love newton hills state park. My son goes there frequently with his Boy Scout troop. It's about a half an hour from our house, but a world away. Even on a cloudy day, it's gorgeous, lush and green.
My favorite place is even closer to home. We love to go to Good Earth state park, which is about 15 minutes away. There's something about hiking, being in nature, that restores my soul every time.







No comments: