Wednesday, August 20, 2014

All About that Bass

I have pretty diverse music taste. I like a lot of everything, but I tend to listen to a lot of what I did in high school and a lot of Christian contemporary-especially when my son is in the car. Every so often, a song comes along that I'm obsessed with. A few years ago, it was Love Song by Sara Bareilles. Then it was Back to Black by Amy Winehouse. This summer's jam has quickly become my theme song: All About That Bass by Meghan  Trainor.
It's on repeat on my iPod. It's on at the gym, in the car, at work. Everywhere.

It's a great reminder that we are all beautiful.
I struggle with seeing myself as beautiful. That might be surprising, especially based on the number of selfies I take and post to social media. I think sometimes I look for validation from others, because I want to know that I'm attractive, that I rock somebody 's world. I want to know that despite my flaws, I can be perfect.
Deep down inside though, I know I'm beautiful. 
Even on days when I'm not feeling it, this song gets me pumped up.
Beauty comes from many things: genetics, personality, a sense of style.

I've always been curvy, even at my thinnest (thanks eating disorder!) I've let my size dictate my self worth. This has led to a lot of insecurity. I NEED to hear I'm pretty and rock your world.
Until recently. I have to love me, every inch of me, before I can let someone love me.
If people don't like me because of my appearance or size, that's on them-not me.


Check out the song & video












No comments: