Friday, September 19, 2014

Work it

I joined a gym a few months back. It was motivation for me to continue to make my health a priority. I can do awesome classes like Zumba, spinning and get my yoga fix.

They have a pool, which makes the Little Man happy. Especially during the interminable winters on the plains.


For years, I've done the treadmill and elliptical in my basement, but usually half heartedly. I really need to kick it up a notch.

I tried something new (gasp)

The recumbent bike. One location at my gym has bikes that have courses you can "ride", like touring the Maine coastline or riding through the Utah national parks.

Before I knew it, I had conquered Zion and rode 6+ miles.

The other location lets you watch tv and ride.

Hello Mets baseball.

I've even begun lifting weights in earnest. I know that weight training is good for me, but a lot of the time I didn't know what I was doing. Meeting with a personal trainer was a huge help. I have a good routine down that I can continue to use, even as I (eventually) increase the weight.

The best part? I get to reward myself with the sauna and whirlpool when I'm done.

No comments: