Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Passion pit

I have slowly been replacing some of the beauty & health products I use with more natural alternatives. I've even ventured into making my own, with some really great successes (and some truly epic fails). Along with not putting more stuff on me, I'm also working on getting stuff out of me.

Apparently, in addition to using natural deodorant, you need to detox from the bad stuff.

Seriously.

I'm not kidding.

Get those pits detoxed and cleaned up. It's a two step process, that takes about a weekend.

You need a dry brush, gentle soap (I use a mixture of Dr. Bronners and water), wash cloth and fingers ready to massage for step one.

Start by dry brushing your arm pit area.

In the shower, put the soap on the washcloth and rub in a circular pattern. Rinse well.

Next step is to massage your armpit area. This is to help with lymphatic drainage and the detox process.

Step two you need apple cider vinegar and patience.

You need to wipe down your pits with Apple cider vinegar. Every day for several days.

Then don't wear deodorant for a few days. Seriously, just don't. 
Best thing is to this when you don't have to worry about stinking around people.

No comments: