Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Summer Breeze

I grew up in the era of the corny summers eve commercials. The best was the girl and her mom, in a rowboat, talking about not feeling fresh.

Seriously???
I never had those conversations with queen growing up. 
Or anyone, EVER.

There are times I wish I did, though. 

Like all women, i have good days, bad days and yes, not so fresh days too. 
It's embarrassing to admit it, but all women do. There wouldn't be a market for douches, feminine sprays, scented Pantiliners and the like.

Diet is key in keeping those yucky days in check. Eating an alkali zing diet is very important. Lots of green leafy vegetables, pumpkin, and sea vegetables. Taking probiotics is also beneficial. Drinking lots of water is super important.

I have been reducing my (& my family's) exposure to chemicals over the last few years. As a result, I've been making more of my own health and beauty products. It sounds like a daunting task, but all together it takes just a few minutes a week. One of those DIY projects is herbal feminine wash. It's easy, gentle and takes care of balancing ph levels.

Needed:
Dr. Bronners liquid Castile soap (I like the almond scent)
Water
Lavender essential oil
Chamomile essential oil
Bottle to store 

I mix half soap, half water in a bottle. Add 15 drops lavender and 10 drops of chamomile oil. Shake well before using.

No comments: