Friday, November 28, 2014

Hey Santa

Today is black Friday, which is the official kick off of the holiday shopping season. Despite my overwhelming love of shopping, the shallowness of camping out overnight or getting to a store at 3 am for some silly bargain, along with several hundred other people wallowing in the same misery.
I am the anti consumer, and have been for years. Yes, my son gets spoiled, and he gets fun stuff. However, there are a lot of educational toys (as posted here http://mommydomchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/11/name-of-game.html?m=1)that balance out the fun stuff.
Tommorrow is Small Business Saturday. It's a chance to shop local and support some really cool merchants that offer a variety of nifty wares you can't find in a big box store.
It's not a hollow sentiment either, it's becoming a movement.
One of my favorite vintage clothiers is Aviena (http://www.avienavintage.com/) they carry a lot of really awesome Lilly Pulitzer tops, and awesome accessories.
A little ways down the boardwalk is Simply Perfect. I bought my most recent cupcake apron there, which was perfect for my interview with the local newspaper.

No comments: