Saturday, February 07, 2015

Belly

Part of my journey includes learning to love myself. Not just some of me, but all of me.


Part of my problem has centered around not accepting all of me. I am the sum of imperfect parts. There are things I love about myself. Then there are parts that I'm not too jazzed about. They are the ones that promote shame and hiding.


Not anymore.
I'm pulling back the curtain, exposing the truth and shining the light. 

This is my belly.
It has endured multiple surgeries, hernias and hysterectomies. It is scarred, crooked and distorted. It's only recently I've begun to embrace it and love it. I am not the pain it has inflicted...Im the strength I've developed from it. It is the center of my body. The source of nourishment. I fill it with healthy, delicious food. It is a place where my breath drops into during yoga & meditation. 

No comments: