Saturday, December 22, 2007

Looking Forward

I don't believe in New Years resolutions. For one thing, I never keep them. I always start off gung ho, and then fall off the proverbial wagon. I try and try and try...but by the middle of January I've lost my resolve and its back to the way things were. So this year, like last year, I am setting some goals for myself.
1. continue with leading a healthier lifestyle. working out, doing yoga, meditating, eating healthier, drinking water, taking my vitamins. All of these things will only make my life better. I will be able to accomplish more in less time because I will be energized and empowered by getting enough sleep, enough exercise and enough peace in my life and enough good foods to power my engine.
2. keep my home neat and tidy. I struggle really hard with this one. Clutter multiplies like you wouldn't believe. I have to keep on top of things, and I have to be ruthless. I also have to stick to my cleaning routines. When I do them, things move along smoothly. When I don't, it all goes off track and things fall apart.
3. check my calendar regularly and keep on schedule. I've forgotten things and did not keep up with things because I've been stubborn.
4. put my family first over other commitments

No comments: