Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another day, another chance to get it right.
About 10 AM yesterday, my back pain just disappeared. Poof! Vanished! Gone! It was a miracle.
Adding to my day of miracles, things continued to be awesome once I got home. I cooked dinner. Laundry got done. Kitchen got cleaned. Homework got done. No tears. No arguments. Jammies got put on, bedtime without tears or yelling.
Am I in my house? With my family?
How can this be????

Believe me, I am not complaining. I am loving this! I love when things go right in my life.

I am not going to lie, its more challenging with two kids over one. Its different, and I am trying to balance things between Little Man & HG, and get stuff done around the house and being with the Big Man, plus everything else.
I always had a dream about what I thought my life would be like. I always wanted at least two kids-a boy and a girl-and live in a beautiful house. I dreamt that I would be the type of wife my husband would be proud of and like to show off to others. I wanted to be a great homemaker, and bake and can and do all those things. I dreamt that I was organized and had it going on. In my imagination, we would go to church as a family, and do things as a family and go places together. We'd spend time in nature and go on Sunday car rides.
Some of this has come true, others still exist in the ether. Reality has set in from years ago. I work full time, and I'm not going to lie, I come home and I am tired. A lot of the things that I would love to do at night doesn't happen because I am tired. And Big Man is tired too, he doesn't get enough sleep. There is just an air of being tired in our house. He could sleep for a year and not get caught up. I'm glad that the kiddos don't feel it, and that they are in their own little worlds.
Last night, after homework, the kids worked in their little workbooks. It was rather amazing. I was not expecting that. This is after they played and played and played. Tonight I have to give showers at some point, go to a PTO meeting (bring the kids) and do the usual homework and housework. I have a lot going on, and just the thought of it rather overwhelms me.

This morning:
1. treadmill and pilates
2. clean up the kitchen
3. prep dinner (chicken, stuffing and vegetables)
4. daily cleaning
5. get kiddos up, dressed, fed and out of the house

Its do-able. I will not get stressed. I will not get stressed. I will not get stressed.

No comments: