Thursday, September 09, 2010

Basic

Its's Thursday, and the week is almost over.
I have also seen best laid plans crumble. Actually, its rather of my own doing on a lot of levels. I did not execute my regular plan ahead things (put together outfits for the week, prep meals over the weekend) and I can really see the difference in my world. It really does make it more difficult to get through everything.
Big Man is tired, and I am tired too. I am still playing catch up from the lack of sleep study last weekend. He, too, has paid the price.
The good news is football starts tonight. I bought the supplies to make my taco dip and some tortilla chips and then its off and running for football season. The Little Man's favorite team is playing tonight-the Vikings-so we will have to watch some of the game.
I am desperately trying to wake up and get motivated, but I am really dragging today. Actually, its been for the last 8 days or so. But I am in the process of changing that.
What went wrong?
Well, nothing really. There are a few things that were, overlooked for lack of a better term.
All I need to do is take a step back and reassess things. If I don't do a few little things, the big things fall apart. So, basically if I put in a few minutes over the weekend, I am in good shape for the rest of the week and I don't feel like things have snuck up on me.
1. putting together outfits for myself and the little man makes the morning so much smoother for both of us. no brainers, and we are out the door.
2. planning out meals for the week more. I had a few days planned out, and then boom, things fell apart quickly. I also seem to have a mental block about lunches, which is self-perpetuating failure. Breakfasts too. I am tired of the 5 o'clock scramble and not having it under control since school started.
3. doing my daily cleaning. it really does make a difference. It makes a difference in the fact that the house never really gets "dirty". The dusting is caught up and on the weekend I just have to focus on deep cleaning the room of the week. Part of the issues that I have had this week were due to not planning in advance and doing a load of laundry everyday.
4. just relaxing. I haven't been doing that lately. I have been in a state of perpetual stress for the last several days and feeling all on "edge". I think part of it is just regular stress from daily living, but some of it also is the fact that I have an awful lot on my plate and I am not really clearing any of it off. There are things that I need to do to relax that I am just not doing.

All that being said, its back on the hamster wheel today. I have to take a step back and reassess things. I know what works and what doesn't work. I am looking forward to getting back to basics today and moving right along. Today, take a deep breath and survey the landscape. Tweak a few things that aren't working and focus on what is.
One day at a time, I suppose. Today is Thursday, the week is almost over and I need to get back on track.

No comments: