Thursday, September 30, 2010

Somehow hot wheels tracks have taken over my living room. I do not know how these things happen...I left for youth group, the living room and the house in general were clean. I come home, and all the toys from downstairs were upstairs. I had one little girl who refused to go to bed, and a little boy letting her know that if she didn't go to bed, mommy has consequences for her.

Wow. I didn't think he listened when I said those same things to him.

I wish he didn't bring up that when mommy is cranky, she yells. I can do without that part.

I am not going to lie, I am exhausted this week. I mean really, really REALLY tired. Did I mention I was tired? Yeah, I've about had it this week. Its not the get enough sleep part, its everything else-its getting enough rest. Rest, where I shut my mind (and phone) off and not worry about PTO, school, housework, bills, youth group, Sunday school or any of the other things that weigh on my mind. Rest, where I can just be for an hour and not have to think. Rest, where I can just recharge my batteries, and maybe take care of me. Rest, where I can shed this stress level and truly relax.
Did I mention that I am tired?

There are so many things that I need to do today-and the remainder of this week-and just thinking about it has started to make my head spin. Today: go to work, I have a workshop that I am going to from 11-2 on transplantation trends. After work, I need to go to Alphagraphics and pick the cover for the buzz book for PTO, pick up HG, go to school and stuff mailboxes for original works (our next fundraiser), come home, eat dinner, give two baths, practice spelling words, do homework, put away 4 loads of laundry so we are not living out of laundry baskets, and then sometime between now and the weekend buy a birthday present for a party little man is going to on Saturday, go grocery shopping, pick up a plastic shoe box for school, wrap birthday present, get my haircut, get my eyebrows waxed, clean the house, finish the laundry, clean out the fridge, reclaim my house from hot wheels and other toys, maybe take the puppy dog for a walk, finish planning our harvest fair at school, and a gazillion other things.

I am tired just thinking about my to-do list. The sad thing is I really can't delegate anything either. I do need to add rest to the list.

No comments: