Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flip the switch

I have had so much stuff on my mind and I can't seem to shut it off, so I wind up ruminating on things. Its not good or healthy, and I think I need to figure out a way to get things all thought out. I've got stuff consuming my life and I don't particularly care for it.
Basically, I need to bring things back under control for myself and get on with it. Its hard because the Big Man is tired too, and neither of us seem to have the energy or endurance to get things done. I come home from work and I hear the siren song of the couch calling me. Then I am done.
I think part of it is just the fact that I am tired of being like this.

Its Thursday, and my week is almost over (can I get an Amen from the crowd?)

In the meantime, I am looking around the house for all that needs to be done, and trying to figure out how to do it, and when to do it. I start the week off with such great intentions...but it is an ongoing thing that by the time I reach Thursday, I am at this point. Ouch.

Actuallly, what I really need to do is just relax. Its easier said than done, but its what I need to do. I plan this weekend to just relax. That is it. There are things that can wait. Instead, I need to get myself back to where I need to be for my own sanity. No agenda, no plans, just do. Actually I take that back, I want to go to the pumpkin patch, because that's something a little person needs to experience.

I want the cleaning fairy to come in and transform my home. I want the laundry fairy and the cooking fairy to join her (I am assuming that they are female, since they are fairies). Is there a grocery shopping fairy too?

It just seems to be that what I really need is a good night's rest. I just want to be able to go to sleep super duper early and sleep in the next day. I want to have enough energy to get through the day without overloading on caffeine and all that. And then there is the healthy eating, that seems to elude me on a regular basis. Wait-don't forget the exercise too! Oh, and doing things that I truly enjoy. Maybe I just need some spa time to take off a raw edge for me. I think I need a massage in the worst way, and I could really use a facial. Hmmm...some thoughts for relaxing this weekend.
See, this is what I mean. I decide on not having an agenda, and the next thing I know, there is an agenda.

No comments: