Sunday, November 07, 2010

Everyday is like Sunday


Time change=extra sleep. Heavenly.

I had my follow up sleep study Friday night. Having that mask thing on meant I actually woke up without a headache for the first time in i don't know how long. I felt rested. My sleep tech told me that with the mask on I had very long REM cycles, which is the restorative sleep. Without it my REM cycles are super brief, so despite hours of sleep, I'm not getting the right sleep. No wonder I'm tired!

Ive got laundry going right now, and then its off to church. After that errands-grocery shopping, library. Cooking dinner-steak, potatoes, asparagus for me peas for the big man. Busy week ahead for me, so a preview of menu Monday:

Monday: grilled cheese, tomato soup & carrot sticks with curry dip

Tuesday: pork chops, potatoes, veggies,Apple sauce

Wednesday: pasta, garlic bread

Thursday: mongolian beef stir fry

Friday: sloppy joes, rice, carrots

Having control over my meals gives me a little bit more peace in my mind.

Lots of laundry to do today in addition to.everything else. But its all good. I'm in a good spot & i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.30 calendar days from today I will be having life changing surgery. For the first time in nearly 10 years, I won't have this lump in my lower abdomen that prevents me from doing so much. I am hoping that the hip & lower back pain will resolve itself.

I know the recovery will be slow and painful. Ive been there before, but this time I'm a wife & mom. And I have different fears and worries this go round. I'm afraid of the what ifs, and it does weigh heavily on my mind. I know that both doctors involved in my care are experts, and its all in God's hands, but its still terrifying.

The big man keeps telling me not to worry, but worry is in my dna.

I am hoping that he is right.

No comments: