Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Love my way


8 years ago today I married my best friend.

It's been an adventure over that time & I wouldn't change it for the world. Some people don't get as lucky as I do.

The big man & I are a case study in opposites attract, but it works for us. I may whine about things from time to time, but that's because we lead an authentic life. I honestly could not imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. Nobody else could ever "get" me the way he does. Not only that, but there's the fact we have some sort of telepathic connection-there are certain looks we give each other that the other just knows what's going on.

I know that a lot of people don't understand us; its like that Tracy ullman  song, they don't know about us. If I dare say it, we have that soulmate connection.

I really feel sad that not everyone can have the same luck and happiness I have!

Most of the problems in our relationship stem from me, myself & I. In the beginning, back in the day when the big man & I first started dating, I really couldn't believe that HE was interested in ME. Wow! I was the luckiest girl in the world. I felt I had hit the jackpot.

I still feel that way, all these years later.

In fact as time has gone on, things have evolved and not only is he a great husband, but an amazing father too. The little man & I are pretty darn lucky to have him in our lives.

Many years ago, big man taught me how to fish. It was rather comical, because I wasn't getting it. He could have gotten frustrated and given up or worse, gotten angry at me and ruined the whole experience. But he remained calm and patient and persistent.

That's a metaphor for our marriage.

Ps I did catch a fish


No comments: