Sunday, December 19, 2010

How you make me feel


3 years ago I went back to work full time, and my house went to heck.

Time to reclaim my life.

It's a shame it took being gutted like a fish to come to this conclusion.

I miss doing craft projects with my son. I miss spending my evenings scrapping or quilting or crafting. I miss spending time walking the puppy dog. I miss spending time not all stressed out.

Since not working isn't an option, I need to get back to the basics. For one thing, I've let myself get caught up in misc bs that consumes me. Sure the fancy titles might mean something to someone, but right now I'm more interested in my family.

I spent some time scrapping last night, and it was incredibly relaxing. I only did 3 pages, but it was the best 3 pages I've done in a long time. I love to tell the story of my family, and this is such a brilliant way to do it.

I also can't wait to start working out again. I need to get back into the discipline of it. It's also setting a good example for my son. He's very active, but he's a kid so that makes it easier. Seriously, I love to workout. I love how it makes me feel and look. I love challenging myself too.

But all this is on hold right now as I recover from surgery. I had no idea how much this was going to kick my butt.10 years ago, after my last surgery, I was up moving around & packing my mother to move. I also developed my hernia because of moving too soon...but I digress. I just need to stop whining & let my body heal.

No comments: