Sunday, December 26, 2010

My grown up Christmas list



As I recline in my recliner, I've had a chance to think, rethink and rethink again.

I've thought about my life, and where things have been going in my world for the longest time. I've been rather reactive than proactive. Now, in this season of blessings & miracles, I've seen this first hand. I dodged the cancer bullet big time and that in itself is a miracle. My massive hernia (which was the main reason for the surgery) is gone, along with a severely deformed uterus that was 14 lbs.

So here I am with a blank canvas. Where do I go from here?

One thing is I know what I enjoy now. I mean truly enjoy. I love scrapbooking. I love crocheting. I love quitting & sewing. I like painting extremely abstract art. I love crafting in general. And I have decided to do more. More and more and more. It truly makes me happy.

I have also decided that I like brunch on the weekends. BBCgoodfood.com has incredibly yummy brunch ideas. I look at the website and drool. Actually, I love to cook, although I don't as much as I could/should/would.

Another item that came to my attention is the fact that I love to pamper myself. I love facials, manicures, pedicures, massages, scented candles, scented body wash, lotion, the works. And I've got all this stuff to do it at home but I don't...due to famous last words, I don't have time. Actually, I do have the time its managing it better.

So my grown up.Christmas list includes basically being nice to myself; and the rest will follow.

No comments: