Thursday, February 03, 2011

Silver & gold


Being fat, I would look for something that I could use for distinctive style. Accessories were my best friend. Scarves, jewelry, all sorts of things to deflect away from the bad fashion I was forced to wear.

A friend from church mentioned this to me on Sunday."you always look so cute & pulled together. How do you do it?"

It's one part shopping, and 2 parts planning. I put together my outfits for the week on Saturday mornings. Not just the actual clothes but underwear, stockings etc. And those all important accessories. It all gets Hung up in my closet. Then, in the mornings, its grab & go. I do the same for the little man, and it has helped streamline our mornings.

Who would have thought 5 minutes on a Saturday morning would revolutionalize my sense of style?

Speaking of makeovers....tonights dinner is a remake of an old fave:

Mock chicken parm Sammys

Mock chicken patties (I like the boca brand)

Tomato sauce

Provolone cheese (if you want to make it vegan, there are several soy cheeses)

Rolls

French fries, onion rings, etc.

Top patties with tomato sauce, bake for 10 mins with the fries. Add cheese heat till melted. Serve on rolls with fries & veggies.

No comments: