Friday, February 04, 2011

Mine Smell Like Honey


REM is back! But you probably either already knew it, or don't care or are wondering what sleep patterns have to do with motherhood.

But I digress...

It's Friday, and man I'm beat. It's been a LONG week, and its going to be a longer weekend. I've got a lot of things going on, all manageable. Saturday: clean. Two snow days have caused chaos, and mommy has been exhausted after work. Grocery shopping. Need to buy: milk, cupcake stuff, sugar cookie stuff, salad, lunches for the week x3, coffee & creamer, eggs, fruit, butter, juice boxes, super bowl snacks, turkey kielbasa, cereal, spinach, tomato sauce & pasta. Library. Church & Sunday school. A birthday party for Teddy, little man's best friend & the greatest teddy bear ever. Laundry & ironing.

The usual stuff that a household requires.

The puppy dog has another ear infection. I am very tired of it, especially since it can't be pleasant for him. I'm open to suggestions on how to prevent them. A friend of mine who is a rock star dog rescuer told me her dogs wind up not eating chicken or beef because that can trigger sensitivity. Her pooches get lamb based foods, which he does get. It's the treats that are bad.

It's just like if we ate junk food all the time. We wouldnt feel good and have health problems. Same thing with the puppy dog. The worst part? I probably did this to him.

Guilt.

But I can also make it better.

Ear washing & medicines.

It will be ok.

I am looking forward to some down time too. A chance to rest. Recharge my batteries. Find some peace. Relax. Read a good book. Putter in my kitchen. Prep some meals for the week.

Since its fridge Friday, I am already planning for next week:

Saturday: pork fried rice

Sunday: super bowl

Monday: chili & corn bread

Tuesday: chicken

Wednesday: waffles & fruit salad

Thursday: pierogies & kielbasa

Life is good, if exhausting.

My life is sweet, like honey.

it is good


No comments: