Monday, February 21, 2011

Wheels

Yesterday, NASCAR season kicked off. I am not a racing fan, so to me its not exactly exiting. Both of my boys are, however. As they were mesmerized by cars making perpetual left hand turns, I took that time for me.
I soaked my feet in my foot spa.

I had not done that for a while, despite the fact that I have it as a standing appointment on my calendar. It felt great, and I treated myself to a complete pedicure, right down to the silver polish on my toes.

I felt like a princess, and it took about 20 minutes. That translates to about 3 race laps.
What to do, what to do...
So I decided to do a manicure as well. I like having my nails polished. It makes me feel pretty and feminine. I use funky colors on my toes usually, and something more "normal" on my fingers. Since I can be so very girly, I tend towards the pinks.

Since I still had more than half the race to get through, I gave myself a facial. Its not like the facial I got following surgery, but it will do.

You steam open your pores. Scrub with exfoliating scrub (I like St. Ive's apricot scrub)

It gets all the impurities out, and leaves your skin feeling pretty nice. Its a great touch if you can lay down, and cover your face in damp, warm towel. I spray mine with lavendar essential oil or lemon verbana oil, and just relax for about 15 minutes.
Then I put on:

which takes out the rest of the junk on my skin, and it really leaves it looking great. To finish it off, I use

which leaves me feeling like I just left the most exclusive spa in the world.
So, I do all this, and the race is STILL going on.
In our guest room, I am also re-establishing that as my art studio. I miss having space to go to and get a chance to do things that jazz me. So, I went off and scrapped and did about 11 pages. I finished pages from the summer, and last year. It felt great to be creative,and catch up on my stuff.I still have journaling to add, but for most intensive purposes, these pages on done.
And the race was STILL on. It seemed like there was 40 laps to go for several hours. So long that I was able to cook dinner-chicken stir fry.
Its important to make the rice first, and let it cool.

2 c brown rice, cooked and cooled
1 c low sodium teriyaki sauce
3 carrots, grated
1 c edname
1/2 c shelled peanuts
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 eggs beaten
1 c cooked chicken diced
1 bunch scallions diced

Spray a saute pan or wok with non stick spray. Saute the carrots and scallions, add the rice, chicken & edname. heat through. Add teriyaki sauce & sesame oil. Move the mixture to one side of the pan, add egg. Quickly stir eggs until they are partially cooked. mix into the rice, add peanuts.
Serve HOT

No comments: