Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stuck in the middle with you


A side note on that song...for years, I thought it was George Harrison. It seemed like a George Harrison song; it had to be George Harrison. Who's this gerry raffertty singing a George Harrison song?
However, I digress....
I'm stuck right now at a plateau. Basically, I had this amazing weight loss & was looking good and feeling great, and really working out and eating healthy, keeping track of my calories.
Then I've smacked into a wall. No forward progress. In fact, I might have even gained some back.
I'm stuck.
Nothing is consistent right now. I'm eating a lot of junk, and I'm not happy about that. The pain & achiness have returned, and I'm just not feeling it. I had all these visions of where I wanted to be at this date.
And I'm not there. I was hoping that the family would have joined me on the ride, but they haven't. My son, who used to love fruit, no longer eats it. In fact, he's resistant beyond belief. I put healthy stuff in his lunch box, and it comes home daily, uneaten.
So, in order to get myself out of this rut, I need to change it up.
1. Eating healthy has paid off. I have lowered my cholesterol & blood sugar levels. It's not a diet, its a lifestyle change. If the rest of the family doesn't support that, its on them.
2. Exercising really does make a difference. I feel better when I moved more. I sleep better. I don't hurt as much. I feel great. My skin & hair glow.
I've been doing the same thing for several months now, & quite frankly, I'm bored.
I'm in a rut.
No forward progress. As long as I don't backside...
But here I am, stuck. What was exciting & new a few months ago, has reached boredom level.
I'm tired of the monotony of cleaning the house daily. I'm tired of doing laundry. I'm tired of cooking, & doing homework & all that.
Most of all, I'm tired of cr**py attitudes. Mine, theirs, everyones.
I just thought I would be more active. I thought the nature inclination to eating healthy wouldn't be there.
None of the above is true.
Add to it, a feeling of underappreciation.
Thats where I am right now.
For one thing, I need to get my spiritual life back in order. I need to do something off my happy list every day. I need to take care of me & put on my oxygen mask first.
I need to change up my workouts. Well, really get back into it altogether. I had a good run for a few weeks where I was kicking butt & taking names.
So, I "won" an elliptical on freecycle yesterday & the big man is picking it up today. I have wanted one since forever. I wanted it over the treadmill. It's my first love at the gym, and now I will have one. I can't wait.
Maybe this is the shake up I need. It's meeting MY need.
Maybe I can get un stuck.

No comments: