Monday, April 18, 2011

Menu Monday, holy week edition



It's Holy Week in my faith, and in my life its a short school & work week. I do have a lot going on, & that means really planning out meals with laser Sharp precision.

Tonight, its leftovers turned into a pasta bake. I have a meeting after work to finalize the 30 hour famine the youth groups are doing. It's already put together, all the big man has to do is pop it in the oven. Pair it with leftover cheesey breadsticks & a nice salad, and its a super yummy meal. Normally, its meatless Monday, but I have to be flexible.
Tuesday, I don't have anything going on-suprize, suprize-and its taco Tuesday. This week is black bean quinoa burrito bake. Pairing it with corn & rice, it will be a yummy, sustaining meal.
Wednesday is breakfast for dinner. Probably waffles or an egg bake. I have youth group & tenenbrae so its another quick turnaround.

Thursday is Maundy Thursday. I've wanted to have a traditional seder for that, since Jesus had a seder dinner for the last supper. However, the rest of my family does not share that desire...so instead we will have chicken fried rice (I've designated Thursday Chinese night). Paired along side is homemade fried rice, egg rolls & wontons and of course salad. I would like to attend church that night, its one of my favorite services. From the foot washing to the stripping of the altar, it sets the stage for Good Friday and its tragedy.


Friday is Good Friday. I miss the 7 last words of Christ service Trinity does, but that was a special place in life & time. Fridays are now go fish! Fridays in our house. Traditionally my husband's family has done fish & chips, so that or tuna noodle casserole are the options. I plan on going to the 7 pm service that night.
I also plan on dying Easter eggs with my son that day.

Saturday is pizza night now, so we will have pizza, wings & something chocolate gooey yummy for dessert.
I have to finalize everything for Sunday as well so there's a lot happening there. We have an egg hunt that afternoon, so I've got cleaning to do in the morning & cooking in the afternoon. Pa
QI want us to attend church as a family.  I don't ask my husband to go on a regular basis anymore. I do ask for Christmas & Easter. I think twice a year is doable.
Not sure what I'm making for Easter dinner, but my son did ask for the basket cupcakes I made last year.

So...of course I will. He's only going to be 8 once.

No comments: