Thursday, September 04, 2014

Miles of Smiles

Many years ago, I was on the receiving end of people's generosity. My grandmother had a stroke on the 4th of July, 1999. 6 weeks later, she finally passed away after much suffering. 

During that time, I spent every moment I could with her. First in rehab, then in the nursing home when it became evident she'd never recover enough to come home. I was blessed with an awesome church community who provided love, support & when needed, companionship. Our church had a soups & smiles ministry which provided meals when a loved one was ill or a new member joined the family. 
It was a relief to know I didn't have to worry about making something when I got back from being with my Grama. 
After that, I got involved, because I know how valuable this is.
Recently, a family in my church suffered an unbelievable tragedy when their baby was stillborn. Mom had some complications as well, and has endured more than most could bear. 
Luckily, our Bible study group rallied around them and provided a month of meals.

For my donation, I made an easy peasy casserole. 

You need
1 box of pasta roni creamy garlic
1 bag California vegetables
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese 

Cook the pasta according to tge directions on the box. Top with veggies & cheese. You can add chicken, shrimp or tuna to it as well. 

I took the little man with me when we went to deliver it. He was nervous, understandably. However, the hug he received from the hurting momma was payment in full.

No comments: