Sunday, July 06, 2014

The Warrior

Michael is the Archangel most people are familiar with. He has his own feast day (Michaelmas) in the Catholic Church.
He is usually pictured as a warrior angel, with a sword. The name means He who is like God. Michael is responsible for providing protection and direction as well as helping with self esteem, motivation, courage, commitment, faith, energy, vitality, life’s purpose and releasing fear. I find myself asking for his guidance when I'm feeling down on myself and I need a pick me up.
When I feel my energy dipping, especially in the late afternoons, I say a quick prayer for a boost.




 I start my morning and end my day with a prayer for protection to Michael. I ask that myself and my family be held in a blue bubble. I envision that bubble surrounding our home, us, our cars/bikes/school bus and I try to hold that vision of the bubble all day.

There is a great prayer you can use:
Lord Michael to the left of me, Lord Michael to the right
Lord Michael in front and Lord Michael behind;
Lord Michael above and Lord Michael below
Lord Michael, Lord Michael, wherever I go!

I love Doreen Virtue's meditation on Michael: http://youtu.be/3FTigPVCgV8

No comments: